We offer day trip to Pamukkale and Laodicea(Laodikeia) from Istanbul by flight everyday. Pamukkale and the adjacent ancient city of Hierapolis are listed as a site of World Heritage by UNESCO. Together they form one of the most attractive destinations in the World. Laodicea , one of the Seven Churches of Anatolia, the city became the seat of a metropolitan in the Early Byzantine period.
- Things to see:
- Learn about the history of the ancient site from a professional guide.
- Explore the calcified terraces of Pamukkale, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit the spa city of ancient Rome
- Includes tour from Istanbul, two ways air ticket from/to Istanbul, lunch, transportation, guide, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
What to Expect
Transfer from your hotel in Istanbul to airport. Flight to Pamukkale . After arriving transfer to cascade pools for full day tour as ;
Pamukkale, healing warm waters have been used for therapy since the Roman time. Visitors are allowed to walk in the cascading pools, that leads to squashing and dispersing the soft jelly of calcium carbonate. It is a unique, magical wonder of the nature with its dazzling white and stoned castles. The thermal waters with limestone and salt, pouring by the bank of the plateau form up these marvelous stalacites, waterfalls and pools.
Hierapolis, is known as the ‘Sacred City’ on account of its many temples and religious buildings. The geographers of antiquity, Strabo and Ptolemy, claimed that Hierapolis was a Phrygian city, because of its proximity to Laodicea on the Lycus and Tripolis, cities situated on the border with the Caria region. It is on the same plateau with the thermal pools. provides visitors with a glimpse of the natural gifts of the region and cultural riches that man added to nature.
Laodicea, having advanced greatly in sports, arts, culture and commerce during the Roman Imperial period , Laodikeia was the home of the sceptic philosophers Antiochus and Theiodus. Medical training was very important and there was a Herophilean medicine school established by Zeuxis at the time of Strabo. The city of Laodikeia was razed to the ground by an earthquake in 494 and could not recover fully again.
End of tour transfer to airport. Flight back to Istanbul or any other destination you wish.
Services Included for Tour
- Domestic flights from/to Istanbul
- Services of professionally licensed tour guide and service fee
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- All transfers from/to airport and your hotel mentioned in the itinerary
- All Entrance fees & Museum fees mentioned by the itineraries
- All local taxes and services
Tips and gratuities
Drinks at lunch